Who can I help?
I have worked with teachers, program managers, consultants, students, financial industry workers, administrators, musicians, social workers, massage therapists, entrepreneurs, yoga teachers and more. What my clients all have in common is anxiety. They know very well the feeling of “YES!” that comes from connection to their Inner Source, but they struggle to get back to that.
Besides being professionally diverse, the men and women I work with are from all over the world. They range in age from 35 to 75. Some would call themselves religious. Others have unconventional spiritual lives.
Many are meditators, and yoga practitioners. And I love that a lot of them love music and spend time, as I do, listening, playing, performing or composing music.
The clients who find me are looking within for answers
If your inner world draws you and fascinates you, you’ve found your tribe here. This kind of inner work isn’t a temporary “fix.” It’s an approach to life. You know you are built for it if—
You feel awful when you are disconnected from your Inner Source: anxious, ill at ease, low, and vulnerable within yourself and in your relationships
You yearn for that “YES!” feeling you get when you know your actions are flowing from your Inner Source–whatever you are comfortable calling it
How can you crave connection with your Inner Source so much, yet struggle to maintain it?
Let’s look further at this and see if you recognize yourself here.
You are likely gifted with three key strengths:
VISION…You have high standards for yourself and and you hold yourself to them
CREATIVITY…You think deeply about things, and you count on your mind as your key resource for insights, ideas, and solutions
EMPATHY… You are keenly attuned to the feelings and needs of those around you, and you experience emotions keenly yourself
The problem is, you end up using these strengths as weapons against yourself
You strive to live your life according to your high values, but in the crush of daily life, you can get cut off from your Inner Source. When this happens, your efforts to assess your progress get taken over by a judgmental, controlling part of you. You end up feeling painfully disappointed with yourself.
Your spiritual vision becomes a stick you beat yourself with
- You are harsh with yourself when things aren’t going like you think they should be
- You are impatient, irritable, or demanding with your colleagues and your family
- You push yourself so hard that you end up feeling stuck, exhausted, ineffective, or burned out
Your mind goes over to the “dark side,” where you brood over the past, worry about the future, or overwhelm yourself with thoughts in the present
- Your daily life and work start to feel like a burden you can never put down. You lose your sense of spaciousness.
- You struggle to make decisions, because you are worried about making mistakes. Your creative flow is inhibited.
- You get caught in cycles of negative thinking. It feels like you are trapped in your own mind, with no escape route.
An “off” exchange with a loved one, or a critical word from a colleague, knocks the wind right out of you
- You brood over the meaning of the comment and agonize over how to respond
- You feel vulnerable, and afraid to take steps to resolve conflicts with others, believing it will just make things worse
- You spend precious time and energy trying to get your head back on straight, yet the stress still leads to physical symptoms, ranging from headaches or back pain to frequent colds or even missed work
You so value deep connection with yourself and with others. But despite trying therapy, workshops, books, and do-it-yourself programs, you are struggling to maintain it. You’ve realized you really need help with this.
You are ready for change, and ready to try something different
You want a knowledgeable guide, teacher, and collaborator who
…knows the path, the potholes, and the pitfalls
…can celebrate big leaps of insight and tiny increments of improvement
…can help you hold a space for everything that comes up, and who can teach you practical skills you need.
Luminos Listening programs could be life-changing for you if you—
- Care deeply about your connection to your Inner Source and want to be guided by that inner knowing
- Sense you need to “get out of your head,” but you really value your thinking mind and don’t want to throw out the baby with the bath water
- Need practical, usable support to bring your highest values into the crush of every day life
- Are looking for a guide to help you access your own inner knowing–not an authority to tell you what to do (that’s why my tagline says, “lighting your way,” not “telling you the way!”
- Seek lasting change, not just a short-term fix—and you are willing to take the risk that your life may change significantly
- Value long-term growth over short-term comfort
- Are willing to make your relationship with yourself a top priority
- Are willing to go into new, uncharted places in yourself: that’s the inner explorer part